I. General Code of Conduct: The following are extremely important rules...
1) All 1st Cav members will not display any blue on blue action.
2) Prejudice against race, social class, gender, ethnicity, disability, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation is against 1st Cav policies
All use of hacking software and exploitation of game glitches to bend gameplay mechanics is explicitly forbidden in the 1st Cav/CQF. Doing so will result in immediate discharge and banishment from all 1st Cav servers and groups. The exception for this is if you are on a unit private server and have approval from command for the program (ArmA Dev tools).
4) Verbal Abuse (including that which is typed). Members may jokingly engage with each other, but serious verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
5) Trolling other players, 1st Cav or not. There is a difference between trolling and joking...
6) All new recruits must be over the age of 17. However, in times of need, potential recruits under the age of 17 may apply but will need a unit sponsor, approval from command staff and 2 extra weeks of probation.
7) Harassment of members will not be tolerated and could result in a Dishonorable Discharge on the FIRST offense. (Depending on how serious the incident outcome is. Also builds on rule II.4.)
8) The Battalion CO, XO, Company CO and XO may appropriately "pull rank" when necessary for gear, command, vehicles or taking over a training. Though, all the aforementioned positions must also let others take those things as well at times.
9) Activity (as personal life allows) and contribution to the CQF/1CAV is expected. This means encouraging people to play games, recruit and work as a team.
II. Teamspeak/Website Code of Conduct
1) Granting TS server admin or channel admin to any member who has not attained the rank of Sergeant. Limited Server Admin can be given out to team leaders and above.
2) Abuse of TS Admin by Officers and NCO's will not be tolerated
3) Any channels labeled with "Squad" or "OP"are considered "Game Talk only", please refrain from off-topic discussion in these channels. All other channels are "open mic" and allow random discussions.
3.A) If a member is acting immaturely in channel, other members in the channel reserve the right to ask the trouble maker to leave. The person who is asked to leave must either control himself or leave the channel
4) Moving or kicking someone out of a Teamspeak channel without a good reason is against the Code of Conduct.
When it's alright:
•If someone is being inappropriate, annoying, or rude, and does not desist after being verbally warned. •If someone is in a game channel but not playing, and distracting players from game-related communication. •If you want to have a private conversation go to your office and put a password on it. Don't expect to have a private conversation in a channel that is not yours. **Note: Please begin with a lesser punishment first. ie. Verbal, Day-ban, Week-ban and on up.
III. Expectations- We expect all members to do the following:
1) Attend meetings If a member fails to attend a meeting twice without posting an LOA they'll get a warning. If a member misses three meetings in a row without posting LOA they will get a strike. If a member misses six meetings in a row without an LOA they will be discharged. This is assuming that the member in question is not active on either the TS or the Site.
2) Read the forums All members are expected to keep up with what's going on in the unit and in particular with their own squad. Sometimes a post will be made by an officer that requires you to reply to indicate that you read it. If you fail to do so after an extended period of time you may receive a strike.
3) Communicate and participate All members must be on Teamspeak while playing any game online, unless they have a valid excuse.
a-This includes checking the Forums and Calendar for changes/updates each week. b-Members will NOT harass others entering Team Speak unannounced. (You never know who will drop into channel.) c-If a member notifies you that He/She has been offended by a statement (Typed or Verbal) you will stop immediately.
4) Use the AFK channel If you are away from your PC for more than 30 minutes, go to the AFK channel. The only people this does not apply to is the staff that have offices.
5) Follow username rules
a. Your username in Teamspeak and on the forum MUST be the same. It cannot have meaningless numbers or symbols in it. b. You can change your name for the first 3 days after enlisting with 1st Cav. After that name changes are not allowed unless a Battalion officer deems the reason legitimate. c. We do not allow names with words, phrases or symbols that could easily be deemed offensive to others.
d. Names must be easily pronounced.
Example: RCT Roadkill (not RCT. Ro@dki!! notice the period must come out and the @ symbol and exclamation marks need to be changed.)
IV. Disciplinary Policy
We operate a strike policy:
Recruits – discharged on first offense. Privates – 1st strike is a warning, 2nd strike is a discharge. Private E-2 and up – 1st strike is a warning, 2nd strike may be a demotion and another three day ban, 3rd strike is a discharge.
A dishonorable discharge comes along with permanent banishment from all 1st Cav servers and groups.
1) Follow the Chain of Command in MOST instances
2) ROE is to be followed for any survival game. The ROE is that you must open contact with another player before you may engage them UNLESS you either know 100% that they are a bandit OR they engaged you first.
3) Gear in survival games is not to be hoarded, unless a command decision has been made for the group.
4) Most vehicles/unit gear in survival games is to be used responsibly by any assigned people. If the vehicle is unassigned, then it must be used responsibly.
5) If you are playing a survival game with the group, you must work with the rest of the unit.
6) We do have friendly groups that use our teamspeak as well, they are to be treated the same as a unit member.
7) Listen to your superior officers when doing unit operations